Home Buying Tips - Coldwell Banker West Shell Real Estate in Cincinnati, Ohio, Indiana, and Kentucky
Before you start looking for a home you should ask yourself a few questions:
- Where do you want to live? Do you want to be close to schools, shopping or work?
- What kind of house would you like (need)? Are you looking for a particular style? How many bedrooms and bathrooms do you want? Do you want a yard?
- How much house can you afford? Have you consulted a Realtor or mortgage lender to determine the size of the mortgage you would qualify for?
Here are a few tips to help you get organized:
- Pull a credit report on yourself and make sure the information is accurate. If you find any errors take steps to correct them immediately.
- Browse through real estate advertisements in the newspaper and here on www.cbws.com. This will give you a good feel for the types of homes that are on the market and what they cost.
- Visit open houses on the weekend. It doesn't cost anything to look, and looking at a few different homes might give you ideas for things you'd like in a house but haven't considered.
- Start saving money - you'll need to have cash on hand for a down payment and closing costs.
- Don't incur any additional debt. Pay down your credit cards - and don't apply for any new ones. Don't make any major purchases on credit - buy the furniture or car later.
- Contact a Coldwell Banker West Shell sales associate at one of the offices in your area . Your Realtor can help you determine how much you can afford, and they can provide you with information on homes that may interest you. The sales associate will also help you complete all of the necessary forms when it comes time to make an offer.